The Austin HRA provides low-interest loans to income eligible, owner occupied homes for property improvements. Effective 01/01/2021
The project will be limited to improving the outside appearance and integrity of the property and will also include inside projects that address life and safety improvements.
Examples of Eligible Work
- Concrete work such as sidewalks and driveways
- Porch and deck repair or replacement
- Life and Safety Improvements
- Furnace replacement
- Electrical service replacement
- Owner shall complete a program application.
- Property must be owner occupied.
- Property tax payments must be current or have an approved payment plan with Mower County.
- Owner must have Homeowner’s Property & Liability Insurance.
- The owner’s income will determine if the project will qualify for a loan.
- Homeowner must provide proof of income.
- HUD’s current Income Limits for Mower County will be used. If the owner’s income is below 80% of Mower County’s median income which is considered “low income”, then the project would qualify. (This is the same income limit as HUD’s Public Housing Program)
Current Income Limits for 2022 are as follows
|Contact the HRA for income limits for larger households.|
- Loan not to exceed $10,000.
- Interest rate will be 2%.
- A lien shall be placed on the property by the HRA for the loan amount.
Either the Homeowner or Contractor is responsible for getting the required Building Permit from the City of Austin.